How the data comparison process designed in DTM Data Comparer?
This page describes data compare process released in DTM Data Comparer. There are data compare steps:
- Data preparation and requesting. The program creates two data sets to be compared.
- The program fetches data from both data sets sequentially corresponding to primary key or manually selected unique column(s).
The program uses bold font for Key columns.
- The comparer marks by yellow data row that have no row with same key value in another table. We call these rows "orphaned". (Rows #9 and #10 at the picture).
- For each non-orphaned row the program compares any non-key value.
The rows with equal values in all positions are equal and be marked by green icon (row #7).
Otherwise red icon will be used for row and red background for different column (row #8).
- To compare only part of table or tables WHERE clause should be specified for one or both tables.
- The user can view only different rows in the results switching on related option.
- The program can hide not mapped columns.
- Not mapped columns have white background after data compare process.
Please evaluate demo (?) version of the comparison tool