DTM Data Generator is a simple, powerful and fully customizable tool that generates data for database testing
The project is a set of generation rules. There are four principle generation rules: data rows
generation (one rule correspond with one table), tables generation, objects generation and clear rule.
- The data rule inserts or appends the specified number
of records into one table. This rule can also update existing data or scramble it to another database.
- The tables rule creates any number of tables with the same structure and
with the names according to the template; the created tables can be populated by test data.
- The objects rule makes any number of database objects (views, procedures, etc)
with the same SQL text and with the names according to the template.
- Clear Rule helps users to remove required data from the database before generator execution.
There is a picture of context menu accessed by the right click inside the rules list. See the picture below:
Using this menu you can to:
- disable or enable the selected rule. Program skips disabled rules during project execution;
- run one rule currently selected;
- open the editor dialog box for the current rule;
- make a copy of the selected rule;
- remove the selected rule;
- move the selected rule up or down in the project.
Note: '*' in the window title means the current project is not saved.
See also: Product versions