How to automate export query results to Word document?
Microsoft Word is one of the most popular document editor. A lot of people add data from databases to Word document as a table.
DTM Query Reporter is a tool that helps users to do that easy. Moreover, it allows to automate this export process by a few simple steps:
- Provide database connection or select desktop data file.
- Enter or load query text: statement, script or stored procedure call.
- Specify output file name for RTF/Word export. The program will create Microsoft Word compatible file.
- Save project file (.qpr) with these settings.
- Create command line with saved project file as parameter. The user must provide '-c' switch to run the software in GUI-free mode.
- Pass this command line to schedule system. For example, Windows Schedule provides AT system command for this purpose.
Download free demo version
There are optional steps to customize the process:
- Use SQL file with script instead of immediate query entering.
- Use 'value file'. It is external file with statement parts, parameters or even whole SQL scripts.
- Styles modification. The tool allows users to specify style name for report items.
- Select landscape or portrait mode.