Data Generator for IBM DB2 Databases
DTM Data Generator was designed for test databases preparation. It generates data rows for existing tables as well as creates test tables, views, and other objects.
The program recognizes master-detail relationships automatically and creates optimal rules for DB2 data generation.
The key product feature is flexibility:
it offers built-in pattern language for complex data and dependencies definition.
Key Generator Features
- The product scans existing database structure for optimal data generation rules. The Rule Wizard allows users
to create your data generation project by a few clicks.
- Four data generation modes: Append, Replace, Update and Scramble (or data masking).
- It offers Value Library with predefined data sets makes test data more realistic: geographic and personal data, corporate information, etc.
- The tool can work with DB2 database as well as Informix or MySQL database: it supports unified database interfaces: ODBC, OLE DB, IDAPI/BDE.
- The software supports unattended mode for data generation by schedule or from service.
- The tool supports all modern Windows versions: XP, 2003/2008/2012/2016 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/10 (desktop).
Why DTM Data Generator is suitable for DB2 users
- The tool recognizes DB2-specific data types and creates suitable data generation rules automatically
- The database schema analyzer makes data realistic without extra project modifications.
- It supports automatically project correction after schema changing. Also, project migration tool helps to change target DB to be populated.
- The generator has built-in BLOB loader that enables to load random large objects from files to the database.
- Teams can save a lot of money with runtime license.